Texas State University has partnered with TimelyCare to provide on-demand virtual mental health services to enrolled students at no additional cost to students
TimelyCare Virtual Mental Health Services
Texas State University students have 24/7 access to virtual care services with TimelyCare — the virtual health and well-being platform designed for college students. This service is provided at no additional cost to students. Students do not need insurance to access TimelyCare services. As part of Texas State University’s partnership with TimelyCare, students have access to services in TimelyCare, including:
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors.
- Scheduled Counseling: Choose the day, time, and mental health provider that best works for you. (9 visits per year)
- Health Coaching: Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors, including nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness.
- Psychiatry: Appointments are available through referrals.
- Self-Care Content: Visit the “Explore” page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content, including yoga and meditation sessions, as well as group conversations with our providers on a variety of health and well-being topics.
- Basic Needs Support: Access to low or reduced-cost community resources, including food and housing assistance, transit support, childcare, and finances.
Students have access to TimelyCare services 365 days a year. That means you have access during breaks, after-hours, and any time you need support! Get started today.
Faculty and Staff Support Line
Texas State University Faculty and Staff have access to a dedicated phone line to reach TimelyCare for guidance in supporting students who are in distress.
Faculty and Staff Support can be accessed by calling 833-4-TIMELY or 833.484.6359.
Frequently Asked Questions
You do not need a referral for TimelyCare virtual counseling. If you feel that counseling would be helpful, you can choose to access the service. Download the TimelyCare app and select the “TalkNow” option to speak with a behavioral health professional who can help you determine which TimelyCare services would be most helpful.
TimelyCare services are free for enrolled Texas State students. Health insurance is not required to access TimelyCare services.
Students must be referred for psychiatry services by either the TXST Counseling Center or Student Health Center. Students must first make an appointment to be evaluated by either a Counseling Center behavioral health specialist or Student Health Center medical provider. If deemed appropriate after evaluation, students will be referred to TimelyCare psychiatry services.
All information about your mental health services is confidential and cannot be released without your written consent. When care provided is being coordinated with TXST Counseling Center or health center professionals, your health information will be shared with them to ensure good care.