Travel Health consultations and appointments are available to all Texas State University students, staff, and faculty. We recommend that you plan on making your travel appointment at least 6-8 weeks prior to your planned departure.
A Travel Health appointment typically includes:
- Detailed information and advice specific to your travel itinerary that contains information on any travel advisories and other relevant country-specific information (e.g., high altitude preparation, disease outbreaks).
- After review of your previous immunizations, the most appropriate immunizations and travel medications will be recommended and given based on your destination, duration of travel, activities, and medical conditions.
- Prescriptions for recommended medications for such problems as malaria, traveler's diarrhea, and altitude sickness.
Prior to your Travel Health Appointment you must do the following:
- Print out and complete the Pre-Travel Health Consultation and History Form.
- Bring the above completed form along with your immunization record to your Travel Health appointment. You may be able to find information about your immunization records from your healthcare provider, your high school nurse, or your local Health Department.
- You may need a second appointment if:
- The immunizations that are recommended for your trip need to be ordered
- You have not completed the Pre-Travel Health Consultation and History Form
- Numerous immunizations are required
- Prescriptions are needed